General Studies Section Marks History and Culture - 30 Constitution polity, Social Justice and International relations - 30 Indian and Andhra Pradesh Economy and Planning 30 Geography - 30History and Culture
The syllabus for History and culture will include
Constitution polity, Social Justice and International relations
- Ancient History
- Medieval History
- Modern History
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- India after Independence till 1980
- History of Andhra Pradesh
- Important Events in History of Andhra Pradesh
- Types of Architecture and Painting in Andhra Pradesh
- Historical Monuments in Andhra Pradesh
This section of the APPSC Group 1 syllabus deals with the Indian polity and the constitutional developments took place in the establishment of Andhra Pradesh. Besides, Social justice topics will also be included. The International relation has the current orientation also. The topics will include
Indian Economy and the Economy of Andhra Pradesh
- Indian Constitution
- Recent Legislations passed/introduced in India and Andhra Pradesh
- Important Acts passed by India and Andhra Pradesh government
- Social Justice Topics such as child labour, women empowerment
- International relations of India with the neighbours and the superpowers
This section of the APPSC Group 1 Syllabus includes all the topics related to the economic activities in Indian and Andhra Pradesh. The topics will include
- Indian Economy
- Macro Economics
- Micro Economics
- Recent Budget
- Economic Survey
- Banking System in India
- Economic pillars of the Andhra Pradesh's Economy
- Andhra Pradesh's Budget
- Planning in India
- Five Year Plans
- Niti Aayog
The Geography section in the APPSC Group 1 syllabus can give advantage to the candidates as the major focus will be on Andhra Pradesh. The topic will include
General Aptitude Section Marks General Mental Ability, Administrative and Psychological Abilities - 60
- Physical Geography
- Important Physical feature of India
- World Geography
- Physical features of Andhra Pradesh
- Demography of Andhra Pradesh
- Demography of India
Science and Technologies - 30
Current events of Regional, National and International importance - 30
General Aptitude Paper
The General Mental Ability, Administrative and Psychological Abilities is the largest section of the second paper. It will include the topics from the following
1. Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
2. Number Series, Coding-Decoding.
3. Problems Related to Relations.
4. Shapes and their Sub-sections, Venn Diagram.
5. Problems based on Clocks, Calendar and Age.
6. Number system and order of Magnitude.
7. Ratio, proportion and variation.
8. Central Tendencies - mean, median, mode — including weighted mean.
9. Power and exponent, Square, Square Root, Cube Root, H.C.F. and L.C.M.
10. Percentage, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and loss.
11. Time and Work, Time and Distance, Speed and Distance.
12. Area and Perimeter of Simple Geometrical Shapes, Volume and Surface Area of Sphere,
Cone, Cylinder, cubes and Cuboids.
13. Lines, angels and common geometrical figures — properties of transverse and parallel lines, properties of triangles, quadrilateral, rectangle, parallelogram and rhombus.
14. Introduction to algebra — BODMAS, simplification of weird symbols.
15. Data interpretation, Data Analysis, Data sufficiency, and concepts of Probability.
16. Emotional Intelligence: Understanding and analysing emotions, Dimensions of emotional intelligence, coping with emotions, empathy and coping with stress.
17. Social Intelligence, interpersonal skills, Decision making, Critical thinking, problem-solving and assessment of personality. Science and Technology
18. Science and Technology: Nature and Scope of Science & Technology; Relevance of Science & Technology to the day to day life; National Policy on Science, Technology and Innovation; Institutes and Organization in India promoting integration of Science, Technology and Innovation, their activities and contribution; Contribution of Prominent Indian Scientists.
19. Information and Communication Technology (ICT): Nature and Scope of ICT; ICT in day to day life; ICT and Industry; ICT and Governance - Various government schemes promoting the use of ICT, E-Governance programmes and services; Netiquettes; Cyber Security Concerns - National Cyber Crime Policy.
20. Technology in Space & Defence: Evolution of Indian Space Programme; Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) — it's activities and achievements; Various Satellite Programmes — Satellites for Telecommunication, Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS), Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) Satellites; Satellites for defence, Eduset or Satellites for academic purposes; Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)- vision, mission and activities.
21. Energy Requirement and Efficiency: India's existing energy needs and deficit; India's Energy Resources and Dependence, Energy policy of India Government Policies and Programmes. Solar, Wind and Nuclear energy
22. Environmental Science: Issues and concerns related to environment; Its legal aspects, policies and treaties for the protection of environment at the national and the international level; Biodiversity- its importance and concerns; Climate Change, International Initiatives (Policies, Protocols) and India's commitment; Forest and Wildlife - Legal framework for Forest and Wildlife Conservation in India; Environmental Hazards, pollution, carbon emission, Global warming. National Action plans on Climate Change and Disaster management. Biotechnology and Nanotechnology; Nature, Scope and application, Ethical, Social, and Legal Issues, Government Policies. Genetic Engineering; Issues related to it and its impact on human life. Health & Environment.